Question. Persuade. Refer
QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training is an online program that teaches warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to respond. The three steps include:
- Question the individual's desire or intent regarding suicide.
- Persuade the person to seek and accept help.
- Refer the person to appropriate resources.
This is a 60-minute online training. Participants earn a certificate designating them as a suicide prevention gatekeeper. QPR also can serve as a refresher for individuals who have previously completed REACH training.
What does being a suicide prevention gatekeeper mean?
Being a gatekeeper means you are someone who can:
- Recognize the risk factors and warning signs of suicide.
- Help educate those around you about the impact suicide has on our society.
- Act when you see someone who is in need of help and guide them to the right resources.
- Directly ask that person about suicide, using appropriate language.
- Continue to communicate hope - this is key.
- Be there for that person. Listen.
For questions about this program, please contact Kenzie Miers at email@example.com.